This summer one of my goals is to start blogging more seriously. What do I mean by seriously, well until now I have published content on my blog that is mostly related to new resources I have come across. i realize that this niche is well covered. I intend to start to share more of my voice, more of my opinions and insights on the world of technology, teaching, learning and leading.
What makes me qualified to do such a thing? Not much I guess. Here are some basic facts:
- I have taught grades: 3, 4, and 5 in my six years of teaching. I typically “loop” with my 4th graders to fifth the following year.
- My undergrad was completed in K-6 elementary education from Taylor University, and I recently finished getting my Masters in Educational Administration from Ball State University.
- I am a tech enthusiast and an advocate for 21st century learning.
- I have a passion for literacy 2.0, deep thinking, and critical reading.
- I teach in a high performing district where the majority of families are online. In my opinion, teachers in this district are enthusiastic about learning and truly have a passion for what they do, but like many places we do not have a 1:1 imitative started
- At my school I am also a Tech Coordinator and Webmaster
- I run three blogs:
- On a personal note:
- I am a new dad as of May 11th! I love to read, learn new things, play with gadgets, travel, play and watch sports!